Pages

Saturday, November 14, 2009

Nearly Three Decades and Still Protecting and Serving

Today is my brother's birthday. Deputy Tait Sanborn: Corporal, soon-to-be Sergeant, SWAT member, sniper, Reserve soldier. I should have known that this would be his track in life... when we were kids (I was about 5, he was 3) some older boys at the daycare were picking on me. Tait saw this from across the playground and ran as fast as he could and slammed into one of them with his belly bounding the boy backward. Then he pointed his tiny finger in their faces and snarled, "You leave my brother alone!" And you know, they did. He has always been tough, but what makes him truly honorable is the tenderness I see him show his wife and children. And as impressive as his resume' is, he is one more thing that is truly rare: humble. I am proud to know him.

Happy Birthday, Tait. Love you, bro!

3 comments:

Sarah said...

What a sweet post. I love the picture but I don't remember that from the Christmas Story, what movie is it from? Jack says, "Santa Claus".

SandMan said...

It IS from the movie A Christmas Story. It is the part where he dreams that he is protecting his family from Black Bart with his Red Rider BB gun.

Sarah said...

Ah yes, now I remember! Can't wait to watch that again!

Post a Comment